Md500 msfs

Is there a descritption what the start pump-switch in the middle console (right nearby the battery switch) does?
I am also not sure about the function of the pilot htr-switch.

1 Like

Pitot heat is for the pitot tube on the front of the helicopter. It measures pressures to get airspeed. It can ice up. The fuel pump is a boost pump for starting the aircraft. Its in the checklists but no explanation there.

Actually, 10 days into flying helicopters and getting more used to MS2020, as I have mainly used P3D up to then, I’m sure now that the helicopter not spawning with engines running sometimes is because they will only load ready to fly in MS2020 if you spawn on a runway, and I think the included helipads. If you spawn at a gate the engines will not be running, and most downloaded helipads from flightsim.to will have the helicopter loaded without the engine running. I used the Cowansim tutorial on Youtube for starting the 500e in X-Plane, and it also worked perfectly in FS2020 and was only a few steps. I thought it was worth posting back in case anyone also unfamiliar with FS2020 Googles looking for a solution to helicopters loading without engines running.

Thank you for the explanation. Yes I saw it in the checklist and wondered always what this is for.

Hi, new here and just downloaded the 500E in MSFS. Beautiful aircraft sim.

Question / request: Can you provide more range in the collective? It seems to use about 10% of the available stroke in my throttle and reduces the smoothness of operation. Also, the rudders need more authority as the left peddle has little left for maneuvering opposite. Thanks!

1 Like

Welcome to MSFS. And thanks!!

The range of the collective is 0-1. The issue is on your side. Probably uncalibrated hardware. If your hardware is using the entire zero to one then it will move all the way. I can’t control your hardware lol.

The “rudder pedals” are called anti-torque pedals since a helicopter does not have a rudder. They are not supposed to be equal.

Found the reason for the missing slap of the rotor blades…I had the option “Headphone Sound” ON.
This causes that essential parts of the sound of this cool helicopter (including the rotor blades slap) cannot be heard. Turned it off meanwhile.

1 Like

Hi Capt, I was able to dampen the initial lift on the collective and increase the end stroke to even this out. I can’t get the yaw sorted though. I am aware of how yaw operates and this aircraft is a thoroughbred to the right. To the left it acts like a lame glue factory candidate.

With all the horsepower this aircraft has the left yaw should be very authoritative even if unequal. I think it needs an adjustment.

This has been recorded with all MSFS Helicopter Assistants OFF.
This helicopter flies smooth and is a Ferrari at the same time.

You need to work on the controls. They are very sensitive. Especially the short tail of the helicopter in combination with the amount of power makes it even more sensitive.

1 Like

I have noticed there is a discrepancy between what the VSI in the cockpit reads vs what the HUD reads. For instance 500 on the cockpit VSI reads 300 on the HUD.

Thanks! I will have a look at the animation values.

Thanks! I also noticed this issue on the H125, however I was able to fix it by editing the VSI section of the interior xml file and replacing the value of 6000 with 3000. I tried this on the 500 but alas there is no VSI section like the H125. The 206 VSI seems to be fine.

1 Like

Hi Josh,
I just tried the new updated version and the transponder is still doa. Not sure what is going on there. Going to try the 125 tonight.
John.

Try your mappings … This is not any issue anymore. Avionics has to be mapped to something .

Ok. I will look. I have a switch mapped to avionics and it works fine for all radios and the gps’s but the transponder is dead. The master avionics switch is on when I first enter the cockpit. Is this correct?

With the updated version the avionics switch is off when loading cold and dark. Resellers and my website are updated. Lets hope for marketplace purchases by next week after Asobo/MS testing.

Are you sure about that? I am running the updated version and have loaded it twice cold and dark and the avionics switch has been on both times. (I am talking about the 500 here. The 125 works fine.)

Sorry about that! I meant the H125. Yes, the avionics switch is on by default on the 500E. I just missed it when updating. The transponder and ADF have been on and working with all models. I don’t have anything at all mapped to anything, though. I have to develop that way. So if there are issues there, then something (hardware) is telling something (software) to do something with electronics. It has to be something mapped since it works with zero things mapped, and I don’t get a thousand messages a day about it. So look VERY close at keyboard, mouse and all hardware. Also, where are you loading? Ramp? That’s the only place I load when developing. After I’m satisfied with start-ups, then I work on loading on a runway and in the air. I need to check the external power and combo battery switch since similar was causing issues in the last H125 build. Mainly backwads circuits. So let us know what you figure out.

Dont forget to check the potentiometer for the lights too. I think I connected that to the instrument lights.

Thanks I think that I have sorted it out. I had some bizarre bindings for avionics. I am now using toggle_avionics_master_1 which seems to work better. All of your updated models are working well now. Thanks.

1 Like