Md500 msfs

There is trim. Try using the regular trim for elevator and aileron. It’s the same for MSFS and XPlane and not named rotor trim.

1 Like

Thank you for the hind. Tried it out but this is just a simple trim that does not force the stick to keep it in position. So I will be waiting for force trim to be implemented.

Sorry for my number of questions but as I am flying more and more with this fantastic chopper there are some questions coming up.

One concerning the sound. Wouldn‘t it be normal to hear the rotor blades flapping inside the cockpit? Especially when turning into curves I would expect the rotor blades to create this typical flapping sound. But currently with the MSFS sound there is no flapping.

Is this something that will be coming with a later version?

I don’t understand that lol. There are blade slap sounds and they are NOT quiet at all. So yeah, it is normal but not understanding why you can’t hear it. It’s impossible not to hear it unless you turn off the volume. Even on every YouTube video out there I hear it. So I cannot answer this question. Turn the volume up?

Hmmm…maybe there is something broken with my sound?

Look at this (or listen to this). I recorded this flight. Start at 18:30

You won‘t hear any blades inside the cockpit

1 Like

I thought you were talking about the 206. Hard to keep track unless I read the entire thread every time somone posts. The 500E slap is pretty quiet and it’s being changed to a different sound. It’s not quite right. It’s there, but not overdone, and it does seem harder to hear when inside on the video. The 206 is a different story altogether. That slap is good to go. I will fix the 500 slap up a bit.

Today I bought The CowanSim 206B3 and 500E from Orbx.

I am a newbie to helicopters as of today, but the 206B3 loads up ready to fly, and I can fly it around ok having watched a couple of tutorials.

With the 500E, however, the engines die a few seconds after the aircraft loads. Following the start up guide from watching tutorials I fail at the first step as the battery switch is not giving power to the avionics. That said, I would rather learn to fly helicopters fairly proficiantly before spending time each flight setting them up from cold and dark.

I am wondering if there is an issue with Orbx, or the latest sim update has caused an issue, or if I am doing something wrong.

The default FS2020 helicopters are working fine, as is the other Cowansim one I bought today, the 206B3, so it would be good to know if the issue with the 500E is at my end or possibly an Orbx, or Sim update bug.

Thanks

Hey there. It could possibly be a bug with the update. I’m going to be hard on all 3 MSFS helicopters for updating starting Monday but I will check that when I get a minute too. Sorry about that.

No worries, thanks. It was a fun night getting started with the Bell 206B3, albeit it’s pretty tough trying to take off and land if you turn off the FS2020 helicopter assistances. That will be interesting learning! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hey Josh!

I’m new to this forum but have a couple of hundred hours on MSFS and DCS helis in my log :wink:
I purchased your 206B, the MD500E and just yesterday the H125. Veeery nice choppers, tons of liveries and a lot of fun to fly :+1:t4: :clap:t4:! Thank You for that :pray:t4:!

I aquired quite a lot of input device hardware during the last 2 years and I really love to bind as many buttons and switches as possible (via AxisAndOhs) to have maximium immersion in VR…
I have to admit, I’m thorougly spoiled by Dave from HPG who provided H:Events for 99% of all the cockpit switches etc.

I’m well aware that your to-do-list most probably is more than full :grimacing:, but would anyway like to politely ask, which K:/H: Events you’re using to control inputs for your MSFS helicopters, as I’m not able to determine most of them :frowning:

• axis for cyclic, rudders and collective are working perfectly
  • throttle axis is an Asobo bug, I’m waiting for a solution there
  • I found “master battery on/off”
  • “NAV lights on/off”
  • “LDG light on/off” and
  • “alternator on/off”

I was unsuccessful with fuel pump, anti col lights, starter button and several others!

So any help would be highly appreciated :smiley:!

1 Like

Hey there!! Thanks!! I will look into linking those up to bindables. Some of those I’m using local variables to control. So L instead of K. But thanks for reporting it! I need to fix those up.

1 Like

:pray:t4: :+1:t4: Appreciated!

1 Like

I just wanted to feed back that the issue was at my end. I later started to have issues with the default Guimbal heli in FS2020 where it started having the screen black as if it had no power. After much trial and error and gnashing of teeth, I narrowed it down to the helicopter control profile I had created for my Honeycomb Bravo throttle. I deleted that profile and set up a new one with absolutely every input deleted except the collective axis, and every helicopter has worked fine since, including the Cowansim 500E. Why I would I would initially only have a problem with the 500E, before issues spreading to the Guimbal I have no idea. I guess the throttle profile somehow got corrupted in some way. Anyway, all good now!

1 Like

Thanks for reporting back!! I didn’t think about that so nice to know. :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

I love the MD500E as well as the H125 and did a lot of flights with both of them meanwhile.

I have only a smaller request: Is it planned that sometime the tail number of the aircraft changes as soon as I enter a new one in MSFS in the Customization menue? Currently when I change the tail number it stays the same on the helicopter.

I do not know if this is a bug or if I am doing something wrong.
From time to time (not always) the Transponder does not start.

Please find attached a picture of todays start. All systems were running and everything was on - except the transponder.

I press on ON, I checked the circuits. But the transponder does not start up.
This does not happen EVERY flight but only from time to time. So I am not really able to realize what is different cause the startup procedure seems to be always the same.

Flying on VATSIM - don’t know if this makes a difference?

1 Like

Hi Josh,
I can also confirm that frequently the transponder does not power up on the 500.
John

1 Like

I still dont know why the teansponder is randomly doing that. It’s default code and device and still haven’t figured out why it’s buggy.

About the tail number: No that is not possible for obvious reasons. The paints are real world and they all have a tail number in obvious different formats and locations. Not just a generic number in the same spot. Obviously would ruin all liveries so wont be happening.

Concerning tail number - understood. Makes sense. Didn’t know about the coding and the opportunities for design within the liveries. I’m fine with that.

Did I mention that I LOVE the MD500E? Meanwhile it is my absolute favorite helicopter (besides the H145, H125 and the generic models).

Yeah I considered the tail number thing but didn’t think about the designs and ruining them myself. I think my livery painter wouldn’t be too amused, hahah. Glad you’re enjoying them!