Usability of Sim-connect for Home Cockpit

This is a bit of a numpty question - is it possible to get the values of the warning lights using Sim Connect for the 206?
The trusty old Dodo is the stuck back on P3d and its probably time for an upgrade. I have been using the hardware API from the Dodo team - so not afraid to take a dive in if the light data is available.

Thanks
Peter

1 Like

The warning lights are all in the model interior XML code and using default Simvars and custom Lvars. So I would think that would work. :slight_smile:

Thanks very much Peter - I’ve successfully read ‘standard’ simconnect variables - but never lvars - is this likely to be path to follow?
https://docs.flightsimulator.com/html/Programming_Tools/SimConnect/API_Reference/Events_And_Data/SimConnect_AddToDataDefinition.htm#lvars
Cheers
Peter

1 Like

That would be it! Thankfully we have more documentation than XPlane. Have you every though about XPlane though? It’s pretty powerful and a great simulation for helicopter flight dynamics. Mostly custom luascript there.

Thanks I’ll check it out. I have got XPlane floating around and I know its Helicopter flight models are top notch. What I’ve never bother to check it is if the 6dof platform supports XPlane.

1 Like

Nice setup!!!

Thanks - I’m just doing a quick double check, I fired up SPAD.next and did not see any LVARs changing when I pressed the annonicator test, so took a look around. In the 206B3_INT.xml I found this section for the battery hot - am I reading this correctly in that an LVAR isn’t being used?

<Component ID="ann_battery_hot" Node="ann_battery_hot">
            <UseTemplate Name="ASOBO_GT_Material_Emissive_Code">
                <EMISSIVE_CODE>(L:switchCautLtsMode,bool) if{ 0.5 } els{ 0.1 }</EMISSIVE_CODE>
            </UseTemplate>
            <UseTemplate Name="ASOBO_GT_Visibility_Code">
                <VISIBILITY_CODE>(A:CIRCUIT ON:34,bool) if{ (A:ELECTRICAL BATTERY LOAD:1,amperes) 130 &gt; (L:buttonAnnTest,bool) or }</VISIBILITY_CODE>
            </UseTemplate>

Ta
Peter

The Lvars are being used along with the Simvars. The L:switchCautLtsMode is setting the brightness of the warning lights with the switch down by the hydraulics switch. The bottom part is showing the light if greater than 130 amps and if circuit 34 is on, which is the breaker up on the top panel.

Thanks - just so I’ve got it clear, there are no LVARs that are being explicitly set to mirror the status of the Annunciators? All I need to do is mirror the logic being used in 206B3_INT.xml in my code?

Cheers
Peter

The cautionswitchltmode local variable is changing the brightness of the 3D model. In your case you wouldn’t need that. (I think) The annunciator test button local variable is the trigger for all lights to show. The electrical battery load sim variable can be used for your real lighting. But yes I think you would just want to mirror the logic.

excellent - thanks for that - time to timker

1 Like