Puma X Cyclic Sensitivity

So, I’m curious if any of you Puma X users can comment on the cyclic sensitivity of Cowansim’s helicopters in MSFS. Particularly the pitch vs roll axes.

I ask because I’ve just upgraded from my old zip-tied Saitek X52 to a Puma X, and I’m noticing quite a difference between pitch and roll sensitivity with Cowansim’s helicopters; a difference I don’t feel in other helicopters, or ever felt with the X52.

Basically, the pitch axis is extremely sensitive, while the roll axis is much less so. I’m running the same fully-linear curves I used with the X52. Is this accurate and something I need to re-learn with the Puma, or is this just one of those things that needs to be dialed out with curves? If so, I find it odd that a HOTAS could run fully-linear, but a Puma would need curves.

Anyway, thanks for any insight on this one!

I fly the Cowansim 500E and the B206B3 and L3 and these are a dream with PUMA X. Super stable and easy to fly my instrument approaches. The 500E is more sensitive to power adjustments than anything. Besides, you can set a control sensitivity curve if needed. I’m flying Raw Data.

There is every possibility your old controls are what was not realistic. My perception of your description is you are overcontrolling. Again, PUMA does not need curves, our muscles and muscle memory come with extensive practice. I fly IRL and it is perfect for what I need. I’ve built 2 of these SIMs with PUMA X and use a HOTAS joystick from time to time.

I have an older Puma that actually started life as a Black Lynx. The PCBA has been updated to 4th gen.

I also see the increased sensitivity on pitch, but only with the 500E and it’s barely noticeable and doesn’t affect my flying. I don’t notice it on any other Cowansim models, or any other MSFS heli to be honest.

Thanks for the insight, guys, that’s exactly what I was looking for.

Funnily enough, just as I was about to roll my sleeves up and let the muscle memory rebuild, I think I inadvertently found my problem. Long story short, I noticed my pilot model was missing last night before a flight in the R66, but I wasn’t worried about it and ignored it. Then, tonight, I happened to notice my pilot’s weight was changed to 0 lbs after loading in. This time, I fixed it.

And darn, what a difference; for the first time since I bought it, the R66 felt great.

So, while I can’t prove it, I’m now 100% convinced that for the last few weeks, my pilot weight has, for whatever reason, been getting set to 0 lbs after I load in with a Cowansim helicopter and that I’ve been flying with impossibly empty helicopters, leading to the wonky handling. Because after catching it and fixing it tonight, everything felt great.