Msfs b206b3

Probably pretty obvious I am a busy person. I mean it should be obvious anyway. Would you like to answer the 500 messages I get a day? What’s cool is I actually answer all of them and still manage to develop the software. So sorry I was a little behind. :roll_eyes:

That’s great you fly them. You are one of thousands so nothing special… I know the data. Do you?

Your opinion of “horrible” doesn’t line up with the data. But everyone has a different experience and that is understandable. 100 pilots test it and you will get 100 completely different opinions. But the very first and blatenly vauge opinion of "horrible"came from your keyboard. :man_shrugging: Not helpful at all.

If you want to give me some critical feedback instead one stupid word then that would be welcomed.

1 of 1000’s who do out of billions who don’t so while i do agree nothing special its not something everyone is doing but the more important fact is i do know HOW to fly a helicopter so… cut the sarcasm.

I used the word Horrible because at the time it was the only way i could describe it i flew the previous version a lot and liked it so something changed but i didn’t know what it just felt…horrible i tried setting wind to 0 wondering if it was gusts causing it and it had no effect
it felt unstable and unpredictable seemingly one minute you needed left pedal next it was right pedal there were random nose pitch ups it would spin to the right on pick up with left pedal depressed it was very odd.

i should also have said plus points i do love the dust when close to the ground and headsets would be cool if they could disappear from front and end up on pilots head ( yes i know you cant as they asobo pilots) or maybe some dampening of sound when wearing them

I was going to add the damping of sounds but decided against it for a few reasons. So I just stuck with being able to click and hide them. Thanks on the dust. Some people have performance issues because of that. Glad you like it.

It sounds like you have the legacy vs modem flight model bug that Asobo introduced with helicopters. The difference in the two versions flight models was so insignificant that nobody should have noticed much at all. Mostly the placebo effect, I assume. So with that info my guess is that you need to switch to legacy flight model and then back to modern. This has randomly happened to lots of people and it’s exactly as you described.

Just Bought your md500 VERY NICE that is very enjoyable, twitchy at first but altered joystick sensitivities and now its really good ( there you see i can say nice things) gonna go recheck 206 now

1 Like

I saw this post about the 530 and figured it was a typo but nope the 530 is available for MSFS! I wish I knew this sooner I would’ve taken a half day from work, the 500/530 is my favorite heli.

1 Like

exactly what i feel. For example with the freeware R44 I can perform the trim and make only small corrections with the joystick in cruise flight.

@Jenny_D hahaha!! Any of us can sound mean if we read in a mean tone. I can be blunt but I’m definitely not a mean person haha. That’s how texting gets us in trouble these days. Glad you’re enjoying the 500. The 206 needs some work with inertia and drag. I hope the legacy vs moden thing worked though. It should fly pretty smooth compared to the 500.

Hi everyone, new to this group but not new to flying helicopters in real life or sims, but have been out the sim scene for about 10 years (my last sim was FS2004 and the Dodosim 206). I’m looking for help setting up and mapping the helicopter controls in MSFS please. Is there a guide for a newbie on how to set up the axis and which elements of the profile to map them to for the Cowan sim 206 people can point me towards? There are a few videos on YouTube on creating a helicopter profile but they seem to contradict each other slightly. I am looking for a profile with settings proven with this specific helicopter

As a FYI, I recently bought a new PC and installed DCS and FS, I have a set of copycat helicopter controls from my old sim pit. I have them calibrated in Windows and working nicely with the DCS huey. I can fly it straight and level and comfortablely hold a hover so I know the controls are good and I still have the skills

However, in MSFS with the Cowansim 206 (the only helicopter I have had time to try on MSFS so far) I am really struggling to fly it. It shoots all over the place when I try to hover it (super sensitive). It yaws heavily to the left when flying and I have constant low rotar RPMs.

I am convinced my problems are because controls are not bound to the right axis properly and I read that need to bind the throttle to a mouse it seems for the low RPM issue, I thought the governor would handle rpms??

Thanks for any help I get and really look forward to flying this 206. Josh you have done some amazing work here.

1 Like

What you explain sounds just like the bug introduced with helicopter flight models in MSFS. Did you try the trick of switching to legacy FM and then back to Modern FM? I don’t know why this was a glitch but it is one of them. There is another overdone “bug” causing excessive torque on cyclic inputs. Collective seems right but cyclic is over done when moving the stick abruptly.

1 Like

Thanks Josh, will try that later
As I am a newbie I Googled it and to do this I says go to General Oprtions > Accessibility > Cockpit Interaction System and there I can toggle between Legacy and Modern.

Will report back later

1 Like

I encountered this too on both the 206 and the 500. Not only does it spike the torque, but when on the ground with flat pitch, it pitches and rolls the fuselage around.

I’ve never flown a real 206 or 500, but none of the Robbies I have flown moved around like that moving the cyclic without any collective applied.

1 Like

Fred’s updated flight model for the R44 is fantastic! It’s so much better now that it is using the native Asobo flight model. The modeling and systems leave a lot to be desired though…

Hi, how do i update the 206b3, is it a case of deleting and redownloading, also how can i add a repaint that Marc Hamilton created for me

From the change log at cowansim.com

INSTALLATION

Never overwrite the old version when updating. It could leave behind old textures, code, objects and other things that might ruin the new version. Simply delete or save the older folder in a new location and then extract the new files into your community folder. Thanks!

I’m sure Marc has instructions for that but a simple search provides a lot of info. Maybe this video will help you:

A very silly and cliche video i made … i was bored

Haha cool :sunglasses:. The 222 should be out before summer too. :slightly_smiling_face:

Hi,

I’m not getting ILS glide slopes in the 206. is this a bug? It works fine in the 500E I also bought last week. I got them both through Orbx.

I must I am really enjoying the helicopters. Learning to fly them has been both challenging and addictive!

1 Like

Thank you!!! I will have to check into that but this is the first mention of it. Thanks for letting me know!!