I just completed this. I’ve been flight simming for several decades, and finally decided to spend the simoleons on a semi-dedicated rig (simracing is a new hobby for me). I’m pretty happy with it, although the $125 bought-from-AMZ seat is too small for my butt.
DCS A10C weapons/view/etc. switchology, on a programmable keypad from AMZ (Koolertron brand)
Tilting up the TM racing wheel reveals the Buddy-fox A-10C UFC, which I’ve learned is invaluable for controlling many CDU things. I think this is kinda clever .
- Monstertech MTX-F/R frame with HOTAS and MFD accessory kits. Oh, and the cupholder ;^)
- Monstertech monitor mount/frame
- Racing seat that doesn’t fit me, but it was a good place to start. https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B0116D6WFQ/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1. I plan to take Noobifier’s route and employ the seat part of a gaming chair eventually.
- TMW Warthog throttle and grip
- Virpil MongoosT-50CM2 stick Base and 100mm extension (I luuuv this setup, esp. for DCS heli flying)
- MFG Crosswind pedals
- TM Cougar MFDs
- Buddy-Fox UFC (https://www.buddy-fox.com/)
- Samsung 43" ultrawide monitor
- Oculus Rift VR headset
- my ancient Logitech THX 5.1 speaker setup (currently running 2.1)
- Acer Predator i7 gaming laptop (soon to be replaced with an Alienware R9 gaming “desktop”: Intel i7, Nvidia RTX2060, 32GB)
- Racing: TM TS-PC Racer wheel, TM T3PA-Pro pedals
I guess I’m kind of obsessed with this stuff, right?
That is quite an impressive setup. Looks like you’re set for hours of simming in several genres there