Etremely bad Frame Rates in MSFS 2020

I have Extremely bad Frame Rates in MSFS 2020.
All of my MSFS 2020 settings are set at their maximum settings.
MY Frame Rates are between 10 and 20 Frames Per Second or less.

March 27, 2022
My Windows 11 is up to date
My Nvidia RTX 3090 is up to date.
My MSFS 2020 is up to date.

My COMPUTER SYSTEM SPECIFICATIONS
PROCESSOR: Intel(R) Core™ i9-9980XE CPU @ 3.00GHz 3.00 GHz, 3,000 Mhz, 18 Cores, 36 logical
MOTHERBOARD: ROG STRIX X299-E GAMING II
INSTALLED RAM: 256 GB (256 GB usable) Kingston Fury Beast 3200MHz DDR4
SYSTEM TYPE: 64-bit operating system, x64-based processor
WINDOWS: Windows 11 Pro
GRAPHICS: NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090
DRIVE: NVMe Sabrent Rocket 4.0 Plus 4TB

Doe’s anyone else have a high-end computer system who may also be experiencing bad frame rates in MSFS 2020?

I am thinking of switching to a high end THREADRIPPER.

Hi,
You should not max everything out even with a high end machine. Some differences
What about your Nvidia settings and the Windows settings regarding HAGS and game mode etc.?

Hi StepanS
Nvidia Settings
OpenGL Rendering GPU selected: NVIDIA Geforce RTX 3090
Power Management mode selected: Prefer maximum performance
Vertical sync selected: Use the 3D application settings
Texture filtering - Trilinear selected: High performance

I am on Windows 11, things have changed in terms of the HAGS, I cant locate it.

Sorry, I use Windows 10 and can’t tell you where to find HAGS. Maybe you search for Game mode and there for a link to grafic settings.

I don’t use game mode but HAGS.
Try to lower Texture Filtering to “Performance”, use the driver 511.79

Inside msfs, there also are some parameters, which highest setting (ultra) can cause bad frames. For me, the biggest frame killers are the LOD slider (0-400): I set it to 200, The volumetric clouds are also well at setting HIGH.
Ambient occlusion,. Shadows, buildings, trees are all not necessarily to be set to ultra.
Most time there are no big visual differences between High and ultra, but difference in fps.

Threadripper probably won’t help. Simulation games are in general less optimized for multi-task oriented CPUs, you need more IPC/single-thread power. But as mentioned above maxing out all settings is just a dream, they are performance black holes.

Hi,
Thank you very much the responses.
I really appreciate it.

Thank you

The MSFS forum is chock full of people complaining about low framerates, even on ‘high end’ computer systems like OP’s. There are some good troubleshooting tips in there as well.

I have an AMD 5800X3D, RTX 3090 Ti, and 64GB DDR4-3600/CL14 system (pretty comparable to OP’s) and there’s no way I’m going to max out all the sim’s graphics options.