X52 Pro Spring Tension

I had posted earlier about an X52 non pro that was losing calibration. I traced the issue to the spring mod (zip ties). It seems the controller would reset it’s 0 position to whatever direction the controller flopped when I was done flying. With the zips off, the problem resolved. However…

Flying with the spring is too much for a helo. I am considering the X52 pro and I am asking if the group has experience with this controller? Is the spring set up any better than the X52 non pro?

I don’t own either but I think the spring is the same or it has about the same strength. I don’t think you’ll have any advantage there.

… so is everyone still cable tying the spring down… to prevent it from jumping back to centre.

G

Up until a few weeks ago, I certainly was. It’s not perfect, but for me at least, it’s a huge step forward in simming helicopters.

The way I got around the calibration issue with the X52 was to, after starting the sim, manually hold down the spring’s plastic base plate, which would center the stick, then unplug and re-plug the joystick from the throttle. This will ‘recapture’ the stick in its proper center position.

It’s a bit of an annoyance, but a small price to pay for much smoother control in helicopters.