Review: VIRPIL VPC WarBRD Rudder Pedals

First of all, the usual disclaimer: all these items were sent to me by VIRPIL. Just like with any other reviews you will find here, though, I will be completely unbiased and totally honest with both you and the manufacturer. Expect me to call them out if something is not right. But also, to praise them if they did a great job.

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://www.helisimmer.com/reviews/virpil-vpc-warbrd-rudder-pedals/

Hello, I’m thinking about whether it will be the Virpil or the VKB T Flight pedals. Do you have experience or an opinion? I would then turn the VKB 90 degrees so that they stand upright like in a helicopter. I have no idea what feels better and whether the VKB don’t have too little room to move

Hello there!

Unfortunately I have never tried the VKB pedals so I can’t make a comparison between both :frowning:

Since I was very happy with the Virpil collective, I took opportunity of their last sale and ordered the pedals with a 10% discount. Even though it was a back order, they have been delivered within a week. The build quality is indeed spectacular and it’s unquestionably a great product. However, while the collective has markedly improved my flying skills, I feel I have to learn again how to fly since I installed the pedals. Take off are ugly and landings anywhere between messy and disastrous. With years of use of the twist axis of my joystick, I have to fight muscle memory constantly, and when I’m focusing on what my feet are doing, I become careless with the other controls, with predicable bad outcomes. However, I’m enjoying the new immersive sensations, and I won’t go back to twist axis. After all, learning new skills is fun.
Previously, I had tried some Thrustmaster rudder pedals. They were uncomfortable, cumbersome, and with an annoying tendency to slip on the floor (they had a toe brake, though, for which I had no use). Virpil pedals, on the other hand, are more compact, and indeed won’t slip on my wooden floor (if I push hard enough, the chair goes back, but the pedals stay firmly fixed).