Review: K-51 collective

Collective use by flight sim fans tends to be rare. Lower numbers of dedicated heli-simmers means that any commercial peripherals aimed at them will be priced far too high for casual consideration if the product is to be economically viable for any mainstream manufacturer.

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://www.helisimmer.com/reviews/k-51-collective/

I’ve tried to contact the maker of K-51 but no response yet. Has he probably closed down this project? Or maybe there’s high demand of this collective? :

There’s a high demand and he’s having issues managing to reply to emails. The market was in dire need of such a solution and he’s trying to cope with all the emails and orders he has.

I suspect me may need to come up with a better solution or he may die of success.

1 Like

This is good! Maybe this cheap collective solution in the long run will help GA heads open their eyes for new ways of defying gravity.

Maybe, yes. But we are seeing a few folks getting curious about helicopters as we expose the community to them. I guess people really never thought of helicopters as a viable way to do their simming.

1 Like

Hi Peter!

Very nice article. I received the K51 last week.

i have suffered the same issue trying to update the Virpil firmware.

Have you got the link to recover the factory configuration???

Thanks and regards.

FEDERICO

Get in touch with the manufacturer, Federico. He’ll help you.

Thanks Sergio! I have spent almost 5 days trying that without success…

He can be a bit slow replying to emails. I think he gets a lot of messages and he’s struggling to reply to all. Unfortunately, I don’t know the link or have the software or I’d send it to you :frowning:

:cold_sweat: One week since my email… and still waiting. Can’t fly helicopters for the time being… fixed wing only…

I would love to purchase K-51’s collective. I sent a couple emails to sermaik34@gmail.com, but have not heard anything. Any tips as to how to get on K-51’s radar?

I appreciate any and all clues.

Unfortunately, that’s the only way I know how to reach him :frowning:

Hi there Lagusqui. only just saw your message.
Did you fix your issue?