Philip Ubben/Khamsin Studios SA-315 Lama being updated for X-Plane 12

Since then he has been primarily a helicopter flight simmer, trying his best not to crash and kill all his virtual passengers.

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://www.helisimmer.com/news/philip-ubben-khamsin-studios-sa-315-lama-updated-x-plane-12/

Philip has made it clear that it’s NOT an “upgrade”, so there is no “upgrade” pricing, only a Full Price new purchase.

Disappointing, to say the least, esp because it’s only been out on v11 for a short while.

OTOH, it’s so well executed that it’s become my favorite helo in XP. Arguably my favorite helo in all sims, for pure flying experience. (it also helps that the Pros @ HeliSimmer have given it their Seal of Approval)

And Philip has committed that the full price covers all patches & any (further) improvements for the life of v12.

And, finally, we’ll be able to fly with the doors off (among other improvements)!

So I’m grumbling about it, but this is one helo I’m not willing to leave behind in XP v11. All the rest? Yep, could do.

Well, upgrades or updates can always be free or paid but I’ve decided not to talk about price since I didn’t have that information. I’ll reach out to Philip about it, though and see if he is thinking about some sort of discount (at least that).

1 Like