MSFS AS350 default pilot weight

No big deal, but I noticed that with the AS 350, the default pilot weight is lb 100/ 45 kg. While not totally irrealistic, the default 77 kg / lb 170 of other aircrafts seems statistically more likely.

2 Likes

The 100 lbs means minimum of 100 lbs to activate the character models. Not that the pilot or any person’s weight is 100 lbs.

Ah, thanks, I see. Nevertheless, if I set the pilot’s weight, say, to lb170, next time I load the AS350, it’s back to 100. With any other aircraft, default weight at loading is 170. Again, no big deal, just a bit odd.

Yes. It’s very well known that Microsoft Flight Simulator does not save your weights. It was requested a while ago. So yeah, the weight goes back to defaults. It was 170 but I wanted consistency and there are a ton of options in the weight and balance settings. So lowered it to minimum of 100 for each. :man_shrugging:

I don’t mind losing the weight! :rofl: Full gear when flying military I was pushing about about 250lbs back in the day.

1 Like

Hahaha I don’t mind losing some without all the the gear on LOL. I’d take the weight I was in 2000 while in basic training myself. Gets hard getting older.

1 Like

What about the possibility of adding ballast?

Not something I usually have to do at 180lbs, but some of the other students at the school I trained at were closer to 100lbs. They would need ballast to keep the CG in range for solo in the R44 and R66.

I honestly haven’t calculated the CG for the H125, so it may not be necessary. It’s just a thought on the W&B section as the ballast needed would probably be less than the minimum 100lbs.

1 Like