MD500 Installation question

A few quick questions - what’s the installation procedure for the MD 500 in MSFS? Do I just extract the zip folder to the community folder, in which case it seems it will copy the paintkit folders and checklist etc, so won’t that create unnecessary clutter?
Also what’s the uninstallation procedure in order to install any newer versions - which folders are the important ones to delete?
Do I need an activation code once it’s in the sim?
I unzipped the main download file to have a look, but I can’t seem to find the manual anywhere.
Any help would be appreciated, cheers, John

To install just unzip the into your MSFS 2020 “Community” folder.

Windows Store install:
C:\Users[Your User Name]\AppData\Local\Packages\Microsoft.FlightSimulator_8wekyb3d8bbwe\LocalCache\Packages\

Steam install:
C:\Users[Your User Name]\AppData\Local\Packages\Microsoft.FlightDashboard_8wekyb3d8bbwe\LocalCache\Packages\

Custom install:
If you used a custom location for your Flight Simulator installation then you can find the community folder in there.

Windows 10 hides the “AppData” folder, so you will have to go to “View” in the menu of File Explorer, and select “Hidden items” to see it.

INSTALLATION + UPDATE

Never overwrite the old version when updating. It could leave behind old textures, code, objects and other things that might ruin the new version. Simply delete or save the older folder in a new location and then extract the new files into your community folder. Thanks!

1 Like

Thanks for the quick reply, I’m up and running (flying :helicopter:) now so it’s all good. It’s a nice frisky little helicopter, fun to fly.

1 Like