Interview: Philip Ubben, author of the upcoming SA-315B Lama for X-Plane

Hello Philip thank you very much for your time and availability on doing this interview. I remember you started the project for the SA-315 Lama back in 2017. That’s quite a long time already. How did the project start? What’s the story behind the project? And why the Lama?

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://www.helisimmer.com/interview/philip-ubben-upcoming-sa-315b-lama-x-plane/

Philip thank you so much for all the dedication you are willing to put in this beautiful helicopter. In Canada we have only 2 of these i think and i never had the pleasure of seeing a real one except on Youtube. As you stated it is a rather simple machine and i think that many cockpit builders will appreciate that. I just hope that we can map all switches to real ones either via a Lua script or X Plane commands. Keep up the good work,cant wait to fly this beauty.

1 Like

Hi, thanks for the kind words. Then you might like the Canadian livery we are doing…

1 Like

WOW
on the Lama I have been lucky enough to fly several times (as a passenger), I can’t wait to buy it.
for its designers I think it’s a bit like a painter with a painting: understanding when it’s time to stop working and saying “ok it’s finished”. with the difference that with the digital world there are upgrades, even if you do not reach 100% at the time of the release it is not a serious problem!

1 Like