Incoming : FSX Ka-32 Cockpit Sounds and Cold&Dark Package

Hello!

I am pretty much done with a package that fixes the lack of cockpit sounds in the FSX version of the Ka-32. This is a simple rewriting of the ND lua script into a XML gauge so that sounds can be triggered by Doug Dawson’s gauge.
Since the ND script makes use of default P3D sounds that are not available in FSX, they are replaced by sounds used in Cockpit Sounds addons published by Daniel Gauthier at FlightSim.

On top of that, I’m writing a gauge that sets all systems, switches and knobs to the cold and dark status as described in the checklist.

A bit of final testing and getting the green light from Daniel Gauthier are still required before I can publish the package.

So stay tuned!

1 Like

And while I am at it, I have also fixed a few typos in the sound.cfg file (so that we can hear both engines start) and created the missing APU startup and shutdown sounds.
This works fine in FSX, just have to transpose it for P4D and I am done!

Hello!

The package is now ready. Here’s the features list :
For FSX/ 32bit P3D :

• Cockpit sounds for the FSX version : sounds are played at clicks on switches, knobs, covers, levers and so on
  • Startup and shutdown sounds for the APU
  • Correction of a few typos and inconsistencies in the sound.cfg, so that both engine startups can be heard from the VC.
  • To bring the helicopter in the cold and dark status (described as “Interior Checks” in the manual), push the pilot’s collective top button (below the cover)
  • The GPS/Avionics is switched on and off through the VHF1 switch in the overhead panel

For 64bit P3D :

• Startup and shutdown sounds for the APU
  • Correction of a few typos and inconsistencies in the sound.cfg, so that both engine startups can be heard from the VC.
  • To bring the helicopter in the cold and dark status (described as “Interior Checks” in the manual), push the pilot’s collective top button (below the cover)
  • The GPS/Avionics is switched on and off through the VHF1 switch in the overhead panel

I had to rework a bit the original sound files from Nemeth Designs, and these reworked files are included in the package (namely : ka32_ext_turb.wav, ka32_int_shutdown.wav, ka32_int_start.wav, ka32_int_startup.wav, ka32_int_turbine.wav)
Peter, Tamas, could you please allow me to publish these reworked files? Thank you.

As soon as I get the authorisation from the Nemeth brothers, I’ll publish the package at FlightSim.

Stay tuned!

Hello, I just bought the helicopter and I have P3Dv4.3, so I use the FSX version, I have all the correct sounds and working, the question, is it possible to ONLY get the function Cold and dark without touching any of the sounds?, and if so could you tell me how to do it thanks

Hello Pere47

P3Dv4.3 being a 64bit version of P3D, I think you should install the 64bit P3D version of my mod.
This version does not modify the existing cockpit click sounds, but adds the APU ones and the cold and dark status that you are looking for.

If you really want to leave all the sounds as they are, and only get the cold and dark status toggle, here is how to do it :
0. Back-up your P3D/SimObjects/Rotorcraft/ND_KA32 and P3D/Gauges/ND_KA32 folders.

1. Extract the content of the mod zip file into a temp folder
  2. From the temp/Gauges/ND_Ka32 folder, copy the ka32_systems_coldanddark.xml file and paste it into your P3D/Gauges/ND_KA32 folder
  3. Open the panel.cfg file from your P3D/SimObjects/Rotorcraft/ND_KA32/panel folder
  4. Go to the [Vcockpit01] section and add the following line to the sequence :

gauge100=ND_Ka32!ka32_systems_coldanddark, 2000,2000,10,10

The section should read as follows (provided you had not done any other modifications to it) :

[Vcockpit01]
file=ndka32_vc_1.bmp
Background_color=0,0,0
size_mm=512,512
visible=1r
pixel_size=512,512
texture=$ndka32_vc_1

//gauge01=ND_G1000!gpsDisp, 5,5,500,276
gauge02=ND_G1000!NDgps_500ka32, 0,5,510,276
//gauge94=ND_Ka32!ka32_noHoist, 2000,2000,10,10
gauge95=ND_Ka32!ka32_sounds2, 2000,2000,10,10
gauge96=ND_Ka32!ka32_sounds, 2000,2000,10,10
gauge97=ND_Ka32!ka32_systems_1, 2000,2000,10,10
gauge98=ND_Ka32!ka32_systems_2, 2000,2000,10,10
gauge99=ND_Ka32!ka32_systems_3, 2000,2000,10,10
gauge100=ND_Ka32!ka32_systems_coldanddark, 2000,2000,10,10

This should work, please test and report.

Happy flights!

Thank you very much for the information, I had downloaded the FSX version and that did not work, I had to reinstall the KA-32 again, now I will check that everything works well and I will report here, forgive my English but it is not my language, that’s why I use google translator

hello everyone I already have your files installed and now everything works correctly, although in my case the starting of the Nemeth Designs video engines does not work for me, I could not even start the APU, I will continue investigating, in the end I will surely get another one more thing, this is a great product but we should have a procedures manual on what is simulated and what is not, and a list of how to start engines from cooland dark without having startup failures, maybe it is a bit frustrating for newbies , the long list of current procedures, greetings to all and thank you very much

hello everyone I continue to have problems starting the engines, after getting cold and dark I start the list of procedures described in the file ka32_chk.htm, I can turn on the APU, but by selecting start on the left engine it does not start, I would like a possible solution, thank you very much