P3Dv4.3 being a 64bit version of P3D, I think you should install the 64bit P3D version of my mod.
This version does not modify the existing cockpit click sounds, but adds the APU ones and the cold and dark status that you are looking for.
If you really want to leave all the sounds as they are, and only get the cold and dark status toggle, here is how to do it :
0. Back-up your P3D/SimObjects/Rotorcraft/ND_KA32 and P3D/Gauges/ND_KA32 folders.
- Extract the content of the mod zip file into a temp folder
- From the temp/Gauges/ND_Ka32 folder, copy the ka32_systems_coldanddark.xml file and paste it into your P3D/Gauges/ND_KA32 folder
- Open the panel.cfg file from your P3D/SimObjects/Rotorcraft/ND_KA32/panel folder
- Go to the [Vcockpit01] section and add the following line to the sequence :
The section should read as follows (provided you had not done any other modifications to it) :
This should work, please test and report.