How to use the VS on the AP?

Hi Joshua. If you set the altitude, the VS feature on the autopilot works fine for climbing and levels off at the desired altitude. How do I descend? Decreasing the altitude does not seem to work. Am I missing something?
David

1 Like

Hi David,

You’re not missing anything :slight_smile: The autopilot is a WIP and still need to study the system in depth. I have a manual for that mode selector and it was a huge help in designing it, but some things like that seem to not work right with he default datarefs. After 100% there, I will add the entire system to the manual as well. This is another issue that is on my list for next release.

Thanks,

Joshua Cowan

1 Like

Hi Joshua. Thanks for your reply and the one concerning the HSI. Looking forward to the next release :grinning:

David

1 Like

You can use AP -> IAS to descend. First set your new lower altitude, hit IAS, then you can lower your collective and adjust until you get your desired descent speed. Just don’t leave the cockpit because when it reaches your set altitude it will level out and hold the altitude and if you don’t feed back the collective the helicopter will slow down as it attempt to hold the altitude.

1 Like

@Scarp1 wonderful! :slight_smile: Thank you! @Daviderard I feel silly dumb now HAHAH

Thank you Scarp! Will try that. Issue with the AP solved Joshua :grinning:

1 Like