Head movement in VR as a substitute for full motion sim rig

One of the hardest things to get used to in flying helicopters is staying in control in the hover, particularly when trying to touch down. Even with the benefit of VR giving you visual feedback from all around you, it’s still very hard to judge how to find the balance point. I’m sure that practice, practice will help eventually, but even so there’s something missing. For me, it’s the slight movements that a real helicopter pilot can sense in this phase of flight, and without a full motion rig, can’t be emulated. I’m lucky that until a few years ago, I worked for a major helicopter manufacturer in their full motion simulator department, so I do know a bit about how it can contribute to the experience. But in a home simulator, the only thing I can think of that might come close to that would be something that could generate slight head movements counter to the direction the helicopter is starting to drift. Does anyone know if there is an app that can do something like this?

XPRealistic Pro could be what you’re looking for: https://www.helisimmer.com/reviews/xprealistic-pro

At least to a point. You may need to tweak it.

Thanks! I was looking at the web page for this, but couldn’t find much detail on the features. Do you know if it does anything like I’m suggesting? Does the idea make any sense to you?

FSRealistic doesn’t include head movements, correct?