Bad FPS in VR

Hello guys,

now in english :smiley:

I have problems with the frames when I fly with the H145. I don’t get more than 30 frames when I fly in VR. With the other helicopters like the EC135 from Rotorsim or the AS350 from Dreamfoil I get 40 frames on average. I did not change the settings when I flew with the other helicopters. Do you have any tips for me to get more frames?

X-Plane: 11.55 (latest Version)
System:

• GPU: GTX 1070
  • CPU: i7-8700k
  • RAM: 32 GB

Best regars
Pinchano

Hey Pinchano :slight_smile:

I personally fly with Antialiasing off when I am using VR. Maybe that helps. Other than that, I have no approach to this, at the moment. Sorry

Kind regards

Thanks for your replay. I will try it as soon as I have time.

All the best

Hey mate,

bad news. Your idea has no effect. :smiling_face_with_tear:

You should settle down Antialiasing one notch and then increase anisotropic filtering, because it should have no effect.
Also, make sure to set up steam VR video settings and reduce the render scale there to 70% or lower (video settings, per application setting…)
If you use motion reprojection, than with Steam VR you have to area h 45FPS on a 90Hz Headset to get motion reprojection, 30fps with a 60Hz Headset and so on…
X-plane unfortunately has not the best grafic engine for VR

And maybe the H145 is not designed as well as the other helicopters - you can’t do anything if the model is not frame-friendly

Hello Stephan,

thank you very much for your message.

I didn’t use Steam before reinstalling my computer either. So far I have all the settings as before the reinstallation.

I’ll try to implement your idea. Otherwise, I am left to experiment or wait and see.

Thank you

Many greetings

My settings ( 3080ti, I7 10700k@ 4,8GHz, HP reverb G2) … UI in german (sorry)

SteamVR Video Settings (general)

SteamVR Xplane dedicated settings (depending on aircraft and scenery I use settings between 80% and 100%)

2 Likes

Thanks very much for sharing your settings Stephan! I’m finally able to achieve good frame rates with decent graphics settings in VR.

It gets a bit frustrating after spending so much time experimenting with settings in Windows, Nvidia control panel, X-plane, windows mixed reality AND steam VR :roll_eyes:

Thanks for sharing. I understand German :sweat_smile: I’ll give it a try the days.

Hey again,

thank you StephanS for sharing those information and helping out :slight_smile:

Kind regards

fraxy

if you have trouble with SteamVR, use OpenComposite for OpenXR instead. No crashing of SteamVR or bad frame rates anymore. Its rock solid.