222UT in VR

I’ll start by complimenting you on the 222!! Nice job for sure. Just took the version 1.02 up for a quick flight today and noticed the frame rate was less than spectacular in 11.50b6. 2D frame rate sitting on a ramp was right around 90fps. In VR it struggles at 39-40fps with a lot of micro stutters. No OVR plugin applied. As a comparison a similar complex helo, X-Trident 412 will run about 60fps in VR. I know this is beta X-Plane using Vulkan but just curious what others are experiencing with this ship. Keep up the good work.

1 Like

39-40 FPS isn’t struggling, not on my system anyway

1 Like

My main point is the comparison against another complex twin engine helicopter which gets 60fps and doesn’t have near the amount of micro stutters. It was meant for an fyi to the developer or for anyone else that flies this helo to let us know what their experience has been.

1 Like

Hi. Just purchased this and it sure is a lovely helo. However, like @Zap921, I also find I get a LOT of micro-stutters. Also using 11.5B6, but I do use OVR plugin - I keep the FPS locked at 27 and this is smooth as silk for stuff like the X-Trident 412, the JRolon SF260 etc. I’m guessing this is something going on in XP itself. I also have this issue with other aircraft, such as the VFlyteAir Icarus. Not a complaint - I know XP11.5 is still in the beta process, but just thought I’d add my voice in case you can spot a trend.

Keep up the good work :slight_smile:

1 Like

@Zap921 and @TheFSNetwork … Thank you very much for the compliments and sorry I didn’t see this until now. On my system I get what you are explaining with all planes and helicopters. I don’t have a super powerful system though. Because of that I have had a way better experience with most of the the Vulkan betas. I optimized the object files but as the project moves forward and gets more complex I will focus more time on testing against some of the big players and further optimization. For right now I think the betas play a big role in fluctuations concerning frame rate, especially with VR. Once Vulkan/Metal is out of beta then I will make serious adjustments if still needed. Thanks again guys and have a good one!

1 Like

No problem at all. Totally appreciate XP is in beta and hence potentially all over the place as far as optimisation is concerned lol.

I noticed yesterday it had just decided to disable Vulkan rendering after I’d spent half an hour trying to work out why the frame rate for everything was only about 60% of what it had been the day before. Switched it back on and all fine hehe. The joys of beta testing.

Keep up the great work. She sure is a lovely looking helo :smile:

Thanks for the reply Captain… Again it was just a heads up about what I was seeing, understanding that XP is in beta. You’re doing a great job on this, keep it up!

1 Like

Just to keep you posted.

I need to do some more testing, but this might be related to HDR and is definitely not specific to your helo.

I’ve tried knocking that setting down one notch and things have improved dramatically in VR. And the same for a lot of other third party aircraft.

I’ll keep checking, but I’m happy with that. I can live with 1 notch down from HDR in VR :grinning:

1 Like