Rotor brake always on

Hi, i got a problem when starting cold and dark, i can’t switch off the rotor brake, i move the lever to the back but the the rotor brake doesn’t disangage, i got the red lights on, and if try to start the engines i get nice flames coming out of my engines…
When i do an automatic start, no problem at all…
I tried to disinstall the heli and install it again but nothing changed…
If someone understand what i do wrong, i’ll appriciate your help.
Have a good day.
Luca

Are you pulling it all the way back? It should make a click noise when it fully disengages

1 Like

@mastafly

Hi there,

@lonespace is spot on with the rotor brake. I’m not sure what the issue could be there other than not pushing all the way back. This is the first I’ve heard of any rotor brake issues. Try to pull forward and then push back again, you should hear a sound. Also, the rotors do not spin when sitting with engines off like they did before the last couple updates.

As far as starting, that has to be done correctly. Pop out the clipboard and use the “Fully Automated Start” also open the checklist on the clipboard and follow along. This will familiarize you with the start-up procedure. It sounds like you might have the throttles open before 11-12%.

Let me know when you get this working and if you need more help.

Thanks,

Josh

Thank you for the answer about my problem, yesterday i downloaded the new version of the heli ( and bought the B version as well…) and after i installed the new version all my problems disappeared…i am an happy boy again…Thanks again both of you for the answers and to Cowan for the beautiful heli…i set the weather on rain now…always…lol. Ciao

1 Like

@mastafly I’m so happy you got it fixed and got back to me. Have fun!!! :slight_smile: :grinning: :helicopter:

i’m having this problem too! using 222B v2.40 with X-Plane 11.51r1 (64-bit, Vulkan).

trying a cold and dark start, the rotor brake light won’t turn off and XChecklist never completes that step. i’ve tried moving the lever forward and back several times, and i tried binding a key to ‘Toggle rotor brake’, which didn’t have any effect - pressing the key doesn’t move the lever at all.

if i start with engines running, everything is fine until i land and cut the throttle, at which point the rotor brake light comes on; if i try to restart the engine, it catches fire.

I noticed that when you do cold and dark starts, the rotor brake light won’t turn off when you release the brakes but only when the engines are on therefore the xchecklist never completes the page. i run the checklist without waiting the checked marks.
It may be wrong what i said about the lights but for me it works now.
Ciao

@Wasteland This sounds like odd behavior again. I will be taking a close look at this today. Binding a key to the default rotor brake command will not work as this is custom code. The engine fire sounds like throttle opened before 11-12% causing hot start.

thanks both… i ignored the rotor brake light and started the engine anyway (don’t tell the CAA!) and the light went off as soon as the rotor started moving. so i guess this is just a bug with the light, not the lever (and the engine fire was just not starting it properly).

1 Like

@Wasteland

I just tested this and thank you! It’s a bug for sure. It will be fixed in the next update. And you’re correct, it’s a bug with the lights, the rotor brake is actually off when pushed back but the lights are telling lies. haha Thanks again for pointing this out! :slight_smile:

@mastafly sorry I missed this when talking to you.

Have a good one,

Josh

This bug must have skipped my computer. I never seem to get a rotor brake warning light when I start the 222B. I was having some weird transparency with my GPS on one flight, but that also seems to have worked itself out. So far, I can’t find one thing to complain about with the 2.40 version.

1 Like

I got KAMOV32 too, of last year (2020 jan), and I got no answers at all, maybe you gave more luck, but I cann’t even install the KAMOV-32, I’ve heard a noise, and no HELI to see, what have I done wrong ??? !!!
Have also a good day ! alain.

@alain1

These are not the forums for the “KAMOV32” and we are not associated with the developer at all. Sorry, I’m no help to you here on the Cowan Simulation forums.

Thank you,

Josh

OK ! THKS for the answer !

1 Like