Observations and questions

Firstly I love this aircraft, I’ve only had a short 30 minute flight in it and love what I see so far. I did notice that the Altimeter was off by about 3050ft but that is so far that is the only thing I have found so far.
A minor thing I’ve came across is the knobs and buttons on the ohpare the exact same colour and quite difficult to distinguish the shape but that’s as stated a minor thing.
My question is in relation to the rotor brake and me not being sure where it is (probably obvious but I may aswell be blind) I parked the aircraft in cold and dark and followed the checklist but as stated before my blindness isn’t helping me on the rotor brake.
May I suggest adding an image of the location in the manual.
Other than that its fantastic and I love it so far and look forward to the updates

1 Like

Rotor brake is on the right side of the pilot so seat, between the seat and the door. Pull towards the back of the aircraft to release.

1 Like

Thank you very much. I spotted it and thought I dont know what that is so I’m not touching it :joy:

did you have the current altimeter setting?

I see you found the rotor brake @ezy0252. Welcome to the forums too! :slight_smile: The altimeter should be dead on when the altimeter setting is correct. But hey, anything is possible. The altimeter should start at the default setting of 29.92 if that helps. Did you get this sorted out? Also, I have had one other person mention the contrast of the overhead panel vs switches and knobs. This is something that will be worked on. Thanks! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hello and thank you very much for your response.
The Altimeter was set correctly but it showed over 3000 feet altitude the next time I loaded up the sim it was fine so chances are it was probably caused by a ghost or the sim having a moment to itself. I have however found that if you start with engines running the throttle cannot be controlled. I follow the checklist and when I select engine start nothing happens unfortunately. It may be something that I am doing but I just can’t seem to get it going from cold and dark.
Regards
Daniel

1 Like

Hi Daniel,

The throttle has an idle stop. Up or down. It’s explained in detail in the manual as well. You will want to activate the idle stop switch that’s on the collective box. Either 1 or 2 will unlock the respective throttle from the idle position for 5 seconds just like the real helicopter. :slight_smile:

Hope that helps, thanks

Yeah, me too, LOVE this heli. I wrote via the website.
My Observation/Question though concerns the FUEL TANKS…
Seems to be draining only right tank, and not the left. Had to autorotate once already.
I somehow thought the “FUEL TANK INTERCON” button functioned like C172 “BOTH” and would drain from both tanks, but no.
How to switch tanks? Or get them to feed at the same time?
Much thanks.

1 Like

When the fuel tank interconnect is on, fuel will drain from the right tank. When it is off, fuel will drain from the left. You have to treat it like a L/R feed switch and use a timer to remind yourself to alternate tanks regularly.
I’m not sure if this is realistic or even intended behavior (given the name of the switch) but that’s how it works.

1 Like

@WW3FlyingAce @lonespace This might be something I messed up. Thank you @lonespace for pointing out how it works. I will do some more reading of the maintenance manual and make sure I go over my code. I know that I set the psi higher on one tank and that is why it wants to feed from the higher one first. But from both of your observations this is definitely going on the to do list and I will add an explanation to the manual too. Thank a lot guys!

1 Like

You’re most welcome. Yeah, I was gonna let you know it wasn’t working as described above, but busy week.
Still, it’s a rather minor detail if you remember to keep an eye on the gauges with this issue. Is the other gauge somehow crossed with fuel? (forgot the name… Lower left. I’m not at my home desktop.)
Also, I tend to use the autopilot a lot, and I’m still looking for the trim up/down. Though it seems to do all other functions just fine.

Nevertheless, out of a small handful of decent helis now for X-Plane, I can’t fly anything else. Awesome.

1 Like