North Italy Helipads

Hi guys,
I have been working for a while on a scenery pack in north Italy. I created custom objects for helipads and some pois are taken from 3dwarehouse. You can see in the map the helipads currently added. For now I plan to release some kind of beta for Ortho4XP users, but I am working also on a muxp file, so anyone can patch the preferred mesh.
Here some images:

Daniele

6 Likes

That’s very cool! Thanks for sharing with us!

Ops, I forgot the most important thing… It’s going to be free! (mostly because I’m not an advanced 3d modeler and do this in my free time)

Some more previews:

3 Likes

Wow, I’m speechless… Thanks for your post, it motivates me a lot to continue and improve!

Just beware of licensing if you are using other people’s models. Seems like you are using some from that website. You may not be able to distribute it with your work.

Make sure you are 100% covered.

All the models in the pics, are 100% mine, created by me. The objects from the Sketchup Warehouse for now I’m not including them for the reason you specified.

1 Like

Awesome! It’s good that you’re protecting other people’s work.

Excelent!!!

I have all of Frank Dainese and Fabio Bellina’s Dolimetes sceneries. Is this in the same area? Any word on compatibility?

Donald

I don’t know, because I don’t have that scenery. I think with the muxp file, any mesh is patchable, but I’ve seen from pics that mountains seems to be 3d objects, so there any edit available.

Hi,
after some requests I got over the last months, I decided to release an early early version of the scenery for Trentino, north Italy region. This version supports only Ortho4XP imagery. I hope you enjoy it.

http://danielezotta.altervista.org/2021/01/01/trentinoheliports-v0-1-beta-only-ortho4xp-x-plane-11/

Wow, Daniele!! Thank you so much. What a huge area with such nice Helipads. What a great fun and really nice work (just checked and flown to nearly 20 of those 50 pads and had so much fun with precise approaches to all landing areas in the Rotorsim-EC135).

Thank you, appreciate a lot what you sad. Now that I’ve got some spare time I will continue on development on this scenery, bringing more buildings and quality!

Spent hours until now to fly to all helipads and I can tell you that this scenery is creating the most fun I ever had with helicopter in X-Plane ( searching the landing areas and combining with medevac missions generated with missionX).
Excited about upcoming content - rock on and thanks again

Ciao Daniele,
Question: do you plan a portover of your helipad-scenery to MSFS2020?
It would be nice to have such fantastic scenery in the Sim which has such a fantastic grafics even for VR-helicopterflying.
Now native helicopter support is nearing the Sim…
Recently visited Biacesa near Lago di Garda. Your scenery gives a really good representation

Regards
Stephan

Hello Stephan, I was thinking about it… The answer is maybe. I’m waiting for the release of X-Plane 12, to see if there are any improvements on the mesh editing side (which for now I didn’t see), because I want to release a scenery ready to fly and not give the user more hassle to set up scenery, generate Ortho and so on. Also I don’t know if I will be able to keep both versions updated, so if I switch to MSFS I will focus only on that sim. For now I’ll just wait and continue to model. In the meantime I leave you some other pictures.

Hi Daniele,
Wow, very cool shots and a nice work. Thanks for your reply.
I’m excited about any way you decide for a future version of your scenery.
This summer I was in the Trentino region and went through the valley east of Trentino (Suganertal), later some days at Lago di Ledro and visited some of your modelled helipads, f.e. Biacesa which is very well represented in your scenery - very nice.

I am also very excited how xplane 12 will change helicopter flying especially in VR.
MSFS with the HPG 145 HEMS (Actionpack with integrated mission generator) is top fun and hard to beat.

Rock on and thanks again for your contribution.

Hi Daniele
Any new plans? I started in designing some helipads around cologne creating objects with blender and placing them within MSFS.
Seems to be possible.
So if you plan to release some of your pads of the Trento region…

Regards
Stephan

Hello Stephan,
I know, I tried like month ago with a couple of objects obtaining a decent results. But as many activities, it’s time consuming and my free time it’s a lot less than a year ago… I don’t promise anything at this point, maybe in the future. If something happens, I’ll post it here.

Daniele

Hi Daniele,
Thx. If I can support, let me know. I will learn more about creating objects. Placing helipads as airports already works very fine
Stephan