MP Designs Bell 206

Hi there, not sure if MP Designs are present here on this forum, but thought I would pass across some general observations I have on their 206.

First impressions were good in terms of having a 206 with good systems and ok visuals, and a reasonable flight model.

Closer inspection though suggests the 3d model is pretty far off, especially in comparison to the DODO 206.

If MP Designs can update the model to be more accurate then I think it would be a good purchase…if they don’t, I will feel as though it isn’t money well spent.

Here are some comparisons below…I will try and pass on to MP Designs, hope they can provide some updates, key issues below:

• Overall model appears to be too large
  • High skids model is incorrect
  • Nose too short
  • Windscreen stretched

In a positive, the main rotor blades are well modelled and I really like the wind effect on it!

front.png

front1.png

side.png

side1.png

sizecomp.png

I would recommend you contact them on their support system. I don’t think they are in these forums.

Regards!
As for the dimensions, the gentleman is not right.It is better to check if the DODO is done exactly geometrically.I take a lot of care of that.

The length of the hull is 9.89 meters,Picture 1, I have 9.80 meters without a pitot tube.
The diameter of the rotor is 10.18 meters, Picture 2, It’s on the model 10.24 meters,which is 6 cm. more, 3 cm. on both sides, it is not noticed in the sim.[6 cm.]
Figure 3, is a comparison of the true BELL 206 profile, with the blueprint used to make the model,as I see there is no deviation.So maybe DODO was once dynamically good for FSX, but it’s geometrically inaccurate.Pictures attached.

1 Like

Thank you for the response Pedrag! And welcome to these great forums!

Totally accept your sizing points. I guess the only thing left from my point is the accuracy of the skids, I havent found any 206BIII models with the high-skids included in your package, only the OH-58’s appear to have this setup as standard.

You’ll note the BIII has a slot for the rear skids cross-bar, and the rear cross-bar is higher than the front one.

Also the base of the 206 is too round. Even your schematic diagrams show it as much flatter along the base…

Please excuse me as being critical however I feel as though I paid a bit ($40AU) for the add-on and the model could be better.

Regards!
No problem, if you don’t like the product, contact the simmarket, they will probably refund you.If these high-skis real big problem I will correct it and send mdl file by replacing.Have you noticed at DODO how the blades of the main rotor stand when they are relaxed?Is that how they stand on the real BELL206.But no one cares. There is no ideal model. We try to make it as close as possible to the original.

Regards! Predrag[modeler at MP Design Studio]

No, I like the product, I just wish it was more complete.

Yes I noticed the Dodo blades, people care, but the Dodo is a very complete sim.

I feel like the Bell 206 is a very iconic aircraft and it deserves to be as accurate as possible. I would have thought you would also want that for your product.

I can’t obtain a refund as SimMarket don’t allow them, but will keep an eye out for an update if you decide to do one.

Cheers

Regards!

Thanks for the trust, but I don’t understand what a DODO complete sim is?I gave you one reason where they made a mistake in modeling.Another DODO is made for FSX,and it is foolish to compare every Ranger with him,it uses an external module for dynamics.Second, it cannot be used in P3D,so that from all that, the simers are left with a beautiful memory on the FSX.Each model has its disadvantages and advantages,not to list now what, for example, DCS Gazelle had geometric inaccuracies, when it appeared and which some customers pointed out,but that doesn’t mean the whole package is a waste of money.It is up to the buyer to choose,I hope you agree with me.These are minor shortcomings that can be solved through the update, for example v1.1.I wish you all the best, and of course we are always in the service of customers.
You can also contact us at our support address mpdesignstudio@hotmail.com

Regards! Predrag MP Design Studio

1 Like

Hi , I just bought the Bell 206 nice looking but I found some problems, first on start it shows that the parking brakes are on…this I found is the aircraft.cfg file entry on brakes says
[brakes]
toe_brakes_scale=1.000000
parking_brake=1

changed to 0 fixed the problem,

The instalation does not offer an outside the SIM root folder, had to set it myself and also fix some pathing in the panel.cfg…
The most annoying thing is the vibration of the whole aircraft , if an aircraft vibrates the way it does , there must be some very bad balance of the rotor or something else wrong…I solved this problem by editing one of the gauges…still trying to get the AC to start from cold , as soon as I turn the fuel on it starts… will keep testing but some help would be much appreciated …

Jorge

Respect!
Thank you for purchasing our BELL 206.
For your problems, please contact us at the support address,to see what problems you have.We tested it on multiple platforms, and did not encounter such problems.Be sure to contact us to see what the problem is, you may be doing something wrong.
Regards!

mpdesignstudio@hotmail.com

Hello!
Installation is made by SimMarket, MPDesignStudio doesn’t have influence on it at all.
Considering vibrations, it’s coded as a function of multiple variables like: sim on ground, collective lever position, airspeed, descent rate, rotor rpm, etc…
Check this video for more impressions and consider that camera is also in the hand so it has additional stability during recording:

Regarding startup procedure…
Please use given checklists, do not “keep testing”, testing is already done!
If you need additional help, we can record start-up procedure video.

Kind regards!

Hi thank you for your replies, by keep testing I meant trying to see if I can start it , now I can , I had an Lvar assigned to the fuel valve and that is not what is used ( uses Fuel Cap)… can I please have the Lvar for the Generator switch , I cannot find one and I am using the default toggle , not good for my Cockpit setup, maybe a list of Lvars would be much appreciated…

Regarding the Install , you should require SimMarket to fix the installer as the AC is sold as for P3D V5 also…

Overall I am happy with the helicopter.

Thank you
Jorge

Hi , you said “do not keep testing” but it is my nature …
here is a list from Context errors in P3D V5 …seems to me "testing already done was not complete…

[error.28]
error=Gauge/Script Error
Type: Visibility Script
Name: Bell 206B JetRanger III G-BVGA
Error: Undefined Simulation Variable: “LLIGHT LANDING ON”.

[error.29]
error=Gauge/Script Error
Error: Invalid variable name: “LLIGHT LANDING ON”

[error.30]
error=Gauge/Script Error

[error.31]
error=Gauge/Script Error

[error.32]
error=Gauge/Script Error

[error.33]
error=Gauge/Script Error

[error.34]
error=Gauge/Script Error

[error.35]
error=Gauge/Script Error

[error.36]
error=Gauge/Script Error

[error.37]
error=Gauge/Script Error

[error.38]
error=C-style gauge failed to load: E:\Add_On_Airplanes\MPDesigns_Bell206\Gauges\MPDSBell206JetRangerGauges\dsd_fsx_xml_sound.dll, Gauge: sound. DLL is 32 bit. A 64 bit version is required.

[error.39]
error=Gauge/Script Error
Type: Gauge
Name: MPDSHelicopterAerodynamicConfiguration
Error: Invalid key event specified in XML: “KEY_RUDDER_LEFT”

[error.40]
error=Gauge/Script Error
Error: Invalid variable name: “KEY_RUDDER_LEFT”

[error.41]
error=Gauge/Script Error
Error: Invalid key event specified in XML: “KEY_RUDDER_RIGHT”

[error.42]
error=Gauge/Script Error
Error: Invalid variable name: “KEY_RUDDER_RIGHT”

[error.43]
error=Gauge/Script Error
Error: Invalid key event specified in XML: “KEY_RUDDER_LEFT”

[error.44]
error=Gauge/Script Error
Error: Invalid variable name: “KEY_RUDDER_LEFT”

[error.45]
error=C-style gauge failed to load: E:\Add_On_Airplanes\MPDesigns_Bell206\Gauges\MPDSBell206JetRangerGauges\dsd_fsx_xml_sound.dll, Gauge: sound. DLL is 32 bit. A 64 bit version is required.

[error.46]
error=Gauge/Script Error
Type: Unknown
Name: Unknown
Error: Panel Background bitmap not found: “E:\Add_On_Airplanes\MPDesigns_Bell206\SimObjects\Rotorcraft\MPDSBell206JetRangerHighSkid\panel\GTX330.bmp”

[error.47]
error=Gauge/Script Error
Name: GarminGTX330
Error: Invalid script (command not found - perhaps a space is missing or there’s an extra space?): “if” in: if { 1 (>L:bt0,bool) } (M:Event) ‘LeftRelease’ scmp 0 == if{ 1 (>L:XMLSound,enum) 0 (>L:bt0,bool) } (L:bt0,bool) 1 == if{ (L:GTXCursor,enum) 0 == if{ (L:C

[error.48]
error=Gauge/Script Error
Name: GarminGTX330
Error: Invalid script (command not found - perhaps a space is missing or there’s an extra space?): “{” in: { 1 (>L:bt0,bool) } (M:Event) ‘LeftRelease’ scmp 0 == if{ 1 (>L:XMLSound,enum) 0 (>L:bt0,bool) } (L:bt0,bool) 1 == if{ (L:GTXCursor,enum) 0 == if{ (L:Calt,

[error.49]
error=Gauge/Script Error
Error: Panel Background bitmap not found: “E:\Add_On_Airplanes\MPDesigns_Bell206\SimObjects\Rotorcraft\MPDSBell206JetRangerHighSkid\panel\GSN.bmp”

[error.50]
error=Gauge/Script Error
Name: GarminGNS430
Error: Expected a E or . after digits: "4== if{
(C:fs9gps:FlightPlanIsLoadedApproach) d (>C:fs9gps:blinkingFieldEnabled1) (>C:fs9gps:blinkingFieldEnabled2)
}
(C:fs9gps:enteringInput) 10 == if{ (C:fs9gps:IcaoSearchCurrentIcao) (>C:fs9gps:WaypointAirportICA

[error.51]
error=Gauge/Script Error
Error: Missing gauge image file: MPDSBell206JetRangerGauges\gmn_SwOff.bmp

[error.52]
error=Gauge/Script Error
Error: Empty parentheses or closing parenthese missing: "(A:GPS IS APPROACH ACTIVE), bool) {if}
((A:GPS APPROACH WP TYPE), enum) {case}
{:2}proc. turn
{:3}proc. turn
{:6}hold
{:7}hold
{:8} ((A:GPS

[error.53]
error=Gauge/Script Error
Error: Invalid script (command not found - perhaps a space is missing or there’s an extra space?): “bool” in: bool) {if}
((A:GPS APPROACH WP TYPE), enum) {case}

[error.54]
error=Gauge/Script Error
Error: Empty parentheses or closing parenthese missing: "(A:GPS APPROACH WP TYPE), enum) {case}
{:8} ((A:GPS TARGET DISTANCE, nmiles)) !0.1f!{dpl=nm}

[error.55]
error=Gauge/Script Error
Error: Invalid script (command not found - perhaps a space is missing or there’s an extra space?): “enum” in: enum) {case}
{:8} ((A:GPS TARGET DISTANCE, nmiles

[error.56]
error=Gauge/Script Error
Error: Invalid script (command not found - perhaps a space is missing or there’s an extra space?): “})” in: })

[error.57]
error=Gauge/Script Error
Error: Invalid script (command not found - perhaps a space is missing or there’s an extra space?): “})” in: })

[error.58]
error=Macro redefinition ‘ENGINE_NUMBER’

[error.59]
error=Gauge/Script Error
Error: Invalid script (command not found - perhaps a space is missing or there’s an extra space?): “.002” in: .002 / s2
l1 l0 / 0.235 pow s3
1 l3 - s4
l2 l4 * (A:Pressure Altitude, feet) + near (>L:DenAlt, feet)

[error.60]
error=Gauge/Script Error

[error.61]
error=Gauge/Script Error

[error.62]
error=Gauge/Script Error

[error.63]
error=Gauge/Script Error

[error.64]
error=Gauge/Script Error

[error.65]
error=Gauge/Script Error

[error.66]
error=Gauge/Script Error

[error.67]
error=Gauge/Script Error

[error.68]
error=Gauge/Script Error

[error.69]
error=Gauge/Script Error

[error.70]
error=Gauge/Script Error

[error.71]
error=Gauge/Script Error

[error.72]
error=Gauge/Script Error

[error.73]
error=Gauge/Script Error

[error.74]
error=Gauge/Script Error

[error.75]
error=Gauge/Script Error

[error.76]
error=Gauge/Script Error

[error.77]
error=Gauge/Script Error

[error.78]
error=Gauge/Script Error

[error.79]
error=Gauge/Script Error

[error.80]
error=Gauge/Script Error

[error.81]
error=Gauge/Script Error

[error.82]
error=Gauge/Script Error

[error.83]
error=Gauge/Script Error
Error: Invalid script (command not found - perhaps a space is missing or there’s an extra space?): “els” in: els {
(L:gns4301_nav_page, number) 0 == (L:gns4301_directTo, bool) 0 == and if{
(L:gns4301_menu_dflt, bool) ! (>L:gns4301_menu_dflt, bool)

[error.84]
error=Gauge/Script Error
Error: Invalid script (command not found - perhaps a space is missing or there’s an extra space?): “{” in: {
0 (>

[error.85]
error=Gauge/Script Error
Error: Invalid script (command not found - perhaps a space is missing or there’s an extra space?): “els” in: els {
(L:gns4301_nav_page, number) 4 == (L:gns4301_directTo, bool) 0 == and if{
(L:gns4301_menu_pos, bool) ! (>L:gns4301_menu_pos, bool)

[error.86]
error=Gauge/Script Error
Error: Invalid script (command not found - perhaps a space is missing or there’s an extra space?): “{” in: {
0 (>L:

[error.87]
error=Gauge/Script Error
Error: Invalid script (no command is more than 4 characters): "@kNavPageGroup (>C:fs9gps:currentGroup) (C:fs9gps:currentGroup) (>L:gns4301_page_group, number)
0 (>C:fs9gps:currentPageNAV) (C:fs9gps:currentPageNAV) (>L:gns4301_nav_page, number)

(C:fs9g

[error.88]
error=Gauge/Script Error
Error: Invalid script (no command is more than 4 characters): "@kNavPageGroup (>C:fs9gps:currentGroup)
(C:fs9gps:currentGroup) (>L:gns4301_page_group, number)
quit
}
(L:gns4301_directTo, bool) 0 != if{

70 (>C:fs9gps:menuBlinker) 
	(C:fs9

[error.89]
error=Gauge/Script Error
Error: Invalid script (no command is more than 4 characters): “@NRSTButton

[error.90]
error=Gauge/Script Error
Error: Invalid script (no command is more than 4 characters): “@TerrainButton

[error.91]
error=Gauge/Script Error

[error.92]
error=Gauge/Script Error
0 (>

[error.93]
error=Gauge/Script Error

[error.94]
error=Gauge/Script Error
0 (>L:

[error.95]
error=Gauge/Script Error
Error: Invalid script (no command is more than 4 characters): "@kNavPageGroup (>C:fs9gps:currentGroup) (C:fs9gps:currentGroup) (>L:gns4301_page_group, number)
0 (>C:fs9gps:currentPageNAV) (C:fs9gps:currentPageNAV) (>L:gns4301_nav_page, number)

[error.96]
error=Gauge/Script Error
Error: Invalid script (no command is more than 4 characters): "@kNavPageGroup (>C:fs9gps:currentGroup)
(C:fs9gps:currentGroup) (>L:gns4301_page_group, number)
quit
}
(L:gns4301_directTo, bool) 0 != if{

70 (>C:fs9gps:menuBlinker) 
	(C:fs9

[error.97]
error=Gauge/Script Error

[error.98]
error=Gauge/Script Error
Error: Panel Background bitmap not found: “E:\Add_On_Airplanes\MPDesigns_Bell206\SimObjects\Rotorcraft\MPDSBell206JetRangerHighSkid\panel\KING ADF.bmp”

[error.99]
error=Gauge/Script Error
Error: Panel Background bitmap not found: “E:\Add_On_Airplanes\MPDesigns_Bell206\SimObjects\Rotorcraft\MPDSBell206JetRangerHighSkid\panel\ADF1.bmp”

[error.100]
error=Gauge/Script Error
Error: Panel Background bitmap not found: “E:\Add_On_Airplanes\MPDesigns_Bell206\SimObjects\Rotorcraft\MPDSBell206JetRangerHighSkid\panel\C1.bmp”

[error.101]
error=Gauge/Script Error
Error: Panel Background bitmap not found: “E:\Add_On_Airplanes\MPDesigns_Bell206\SimObjects\Rotorcraft\MPDSBell206JetRangerHighSkid\panel\COM12.bmp”

[error.102]
error=Gauge/Script Error
Error: Panel Background bitmap not found: “E:\Add_On_Airplanes\MPDesigns_Bell206\SimObjects\Rotorcraft\MPDSBell206JetRangerHighSkid\panel\COM1MIC.bmp”

[error.103]
error=Gauge/Script Error
Error: Panel Background bitmap not found: “E:\Add_On_Airplanes\MPDesigns_Bell206\SimObjects\Rotorcraft\MPDSBell206JetRangerHighSkid\panel\COPILOT.bmp”

[error.104]
error=Gauge/Script Error
Error: Panel Background bitmap not found: “E:\Add_On_Airplanes\MPDesigns_Bell206\SimObjects\Rotorcraft\MPDSBell206JetRangerHighSkid\panel\DME.bmp”

[error.105]
error=Gauge/Script Error
Error: Panel Background bitmap not found: “E:\Add_On_Airplanes\MPDesigns_Bell206\SimObjects\Rotorcraft\MPDSBell206JetRangerHighSkid\panel\MKR.bmp”

[error.106]
error=Gauge/Script Error
Error: Panel Background bitmap not found: “E:\Add_On_Airplanes\MPDesigns_Bell206\SimObjects\Rotorcraft\MPDSBell206JetRangerHighSkid\panel\N1.bmp”

[error.107]
error=Gauge/Script Error
Error: Panel Background bitmap not found: “E:\Add_On_Airplanes\MPDesigns_Bell206\SimObjects\Rotorcraft\MPDSBell206JetRangerHighSkid\panel\PILOT.bmp”

[error.108]
error=Gauge/Script Error
Error: Panel Background bitmap not found: “E:\Add_On_Airplanes\MPDesigns_Bell206\SimObjects\Rotorcraft\MPDSBell206JetRangerHighSkid\panel\TEL.bmp”

[error.109]
error=Gauge/Script Error
Error: Panel Background bitmap not found: “E:\Add_On_Airplanes\MPDesigns_Bell206\SimObjects\Rotorcraft\MPDSBell206JetRangerHighSkid\panel\OUT.bmp”

[error.110]
error=Gauge/Script Error
Error: Panel Background bitmap not found: “E:\Add_On_Airplanes\MPDesigns_Bell206\SimObjects\Rotorcraft\MPDSBell206JetRangerHighSkid\panel\MIDLE.bmp”

[error.111]
error=Gauge/Script Error
Error: Panel Background bitmap not found: “E:\Add_On_Airplanes\MPDesigns_Bell206\SimObjects\Rotorcraft\MPDSBell206JetRangerHighSkid\panel\INNER.bmp”

[error.112]
error=Gauge/Script Error
Name: Bell206EngOilGauge
Error: Expected a E or . after digits: “7,5”

[error.113]
error=Gauge/Script Error
Name: Bell206EngOilGauge

[error.114]
error=Gauge/Script Error
Name: B206XMXNOil

[error.115]
error=Gauge/Script Error
Name: B206XMXNOil

[error.116]
error=Gauge/Script Error
Name: Bell206FuelLoad

[error.117]
error=Gauge/Script Error
Name: Bell206FuelLoad

[error.118]
error=Gauge/Script Error
Error: Panel Background bitmap not found: “E:\Add_On_Airplanes\MPDesigns_Bell206\SimObjects\Rotorcraft\MPDSBell206JetRangerHighSkid\panel\HSI.bmp”

[error.119]

regards Jorge

1 Like

As you said …looking forward to a version 1.1

Jorge

Hi Jorge,

What pathing errors did you have in the panel.cfg…I have had a look through it myself and there seems a few odd elements, for instance, looks as though there should be “switch” sounds in the VC but I don’t have any.

Regarding the vibration - I too am not a fan, same with the MP’s R44…

Also, re. start-up, I found that if I roll the throttle full open, then full closed a couple of times then I can engage the starter. It’s good to have a Bell 206 that starts properly!

Also eagerly waiting V1.1.

Cheers

Hi thommoj ,

there is a call in the panel.cfg for the fsx 32 bit sound dll, the system complains about it as you see in the list of errors , also I was having problems with the sound as it is made to work in a normal install of the AC not outside P3D root, I have now solved this also.
The shaking is too extreme , I changed a gauge to completely remove it .
I aso tried the cold&dark start but the starter does noothing, what I noticed is when you turn the batt sw on the torque goes to 30%!!! without the turbine even spinning… tried your teick but it did not work… maybe is the way we put it cold and dark…
I have a full cockpit and mapping some of the switches has been a challenge ,

will keep trying …

Jorge

1 Like

Hi Jorge,

I wonder if that gauge alteration you made to reduce vibration has caused your start-up errors?

I used MCX to completely remove the vibration animations, might be worth considering. Perhaps The V1.1 update could provide an option for with/without vibrations.

Cheers

I tried with the shaking on and does still not work…all I did was to comment off the xml section VibrationsFix n the Bell2066AnimationConfiguration.xml gauge.

Also I was flying trying to land at a hospital Helipad and when slowing down andtrying to power up agai the collective would not repond and the torque would stay low and recover very slowly causin the helo to lose alt and miss the platform…I think it needs much testing to make it work…I am sorry I spent the money but I gave them the chance … not anymore.

Jorge

1 Like

Hello!

I am sorry I spent the money but I gave them the chance … not anymore.

You can always ask for refund, no problem at all.

I solved this problem by editing one of the gauges…

I have to say that putting your fingers inside of code is same situation like you buy a new car, for example, then decide to do the modification on your own, broke something and then go back to the dealer and ask for money back because car is not working anymore…
Please do not edit anything on your own and tell how things don’t work well…
Who knows what else you have change during your “testing” process…

Regarding the Install , you should require SimMarket to fix the installer as the AC is sold as for P3D V5 also…

All mentioned errors above are result of wrong path… I have no idea what are you trying to do anymore… Installer is made by SimMarket and there is a clear option for P3D V5 and if installer didn’t give you option to install it outside of root, there must be reason for that and reason is obvious…

maybe a list of Lvars would be much appreciated…

Regarding Lvars, please make a list of variables which you want and it will be sent to you.
Also, you have to understand that list of Lvars is very long so you have to be specific what you need.

Regards

Hi conver, i will reply to your comments one by one .

OK I will ask , thought you could not do that.
Putting my fingers in the code was done only to SOLVE the problems that werse there in the first place.
As I said before you should tell SimMarket that your product is for P3D and therefor the installer must be appropriate for both ( although in the panel.cfg folder there is a call for an fsx gauge that causes an error report by P3D, nothing to do with the installer)
Wrong path was only referring to the install and my moving files to install outside the sim root , only with some sound files, now that I solved.
I have the full list of Lvars , everyone of them , I know is very long but you are not the first one to give Lvars unintuitive names (like fuel cap for the fuel switch) I have also found by testing which Lvars I want and used simconnect variables for the ones I could not find .

That is all, now I will try a refund and find somethng else to make my flying enjoyable…

wish yo well

regards Jorge

I received this email from SimMarket…please action…

regards Jorge Roldan