Microsoft Flight Simulator is getting helicopters… In 2022

Honestly, I never thought that helicopters would make it before, perhaps mid-to-end of 2021. Not that Microsoft has hinted me any information in particular. It wasn’t happening for sure this year, but I had some hopes that next year would bring rotor-wing to the sim.

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://www.helisimmer.com/news/microsoft-flight-simulator-getting-helicopters-2022/

Unbelievable, Guess I better buy P3D v5 for my rotary wing flying. Not cool Asobo! No other Aircraft should come from you until Helicopters are included and they should be YOUR Priority aircraft development in the near future. not 2 years away. It not like they didn’t hear us loud and Clear as testers prior to the release. and Where does that leave the 3PD’s like Milviz, Nemeth designs, and Cerasim? They not gonna shelve their projects waiting for Asobo to pull their head out. >:(

Hi, Prepar3D is stated on their website that is is not to be used for personal/consumer entertainment market.

Here the quote on their website.
Prepar3D is not to be used, offered, sold or distributed through markets or channels for use as a personal/consumer entertainment product.

Here is the link. Scroll to the bottom of the page.
https://prepar3d.com/product-overview/prepar3d-license-comparison/

If Helicopter Simmers are using Prepar3D for personal use, I will purchase it for myself.

I have purchased Aerofly FS 2 Flight Simulator. They have an R22 Helicopter. plus one more.

If you check a couple of my posts relating to the Shameful Microsoft Release of Microsoft Flight Simulator 2020, I have stated that Microsoft will take a year or perhaps two years or more to release Helicopters with real accurate flight dynamics for Microsoft Flight Simulator 2020.

A comment was made that Microsoft released Flight Simulator 2020 so the flight simulation community would have something to fly with on the premise of using the flight communities help in perfecting Microsoft Flight Simulator 2020 with Microsoft releasing frequent updates to Microsoft Flight Simulator 2020.

Well Microsoft had the R22 and the Bell 206 on all previous Microsoft Flight simulators.

They could have included them on Microsoft’s Flight Simulator 2020 with the premise of acquiring the flight simulation communities help in perfecting Microsoft Flight Simulator 2020 as a package and releasing constant Microsoft Flight Simulator 2020 updates.

Microsoft Flight Simulator 2020 is generating 2.6 Billion in hardware sales.
I am not able to find the amount in dollars Microsoft has earned so far in the sales of Microsoft Flight Simulator 2020.

Microsoft Bing a Multi Billion dollar company many times over has no EXCUSES FOR NOT HAVING RELEASED THE TWO HELICOPTERS FROM ALL PREVIOUS MICROSOFT FLIGHT SIMULATOR SIMS.

Microsoft intentionally turned their backs on the Helicopter Flight Community.
SHAME ON YOU MICROSOFT, SHAME, SHAME , SHAME ON YOU!!!

The Helicopter Flight Simulator Community around the world should start a petition with several thousands of names from around the world and then send it to Microsoft with our displeasure of them having turned their backs on the helicopter Flight Simulator community by have left out the R22 and the Bell 206 helicopters from the release of Microsoft Flight Simulator 2020.

I have spent good money on the purchase of Microsoft Flight Simulator 2020 at it is of no use to me. It is of no use to any Helicopter Flight simmers who only fly helicopters as myself.

So I have shelved my new purchase of Microsoft Flight Simulator 2020 until Microsoft releases Helicopters for Microsoft Flight Simulator 2020.

Just like many Helicopter Flight Simmers around the world I have purchased another Flight Simulator Aerofly FS 2.

This is what we should have expected from Microsoft. even today they are telling everyone about the 4th World Update since launch with all kinds of cool stuff you can now do with Flight 2020, But no Helicopters. It means nothing without Helis.
Also DCS sent the latest update email that all the new world maps will be Windows 10 only. How many are still using Windows 7? Good luck to us.