GPS Disable Bug

I was flying the B with FSE last night and the plugin attempted to disable my GPS. In most aircraft this works fine or doesn’t work at all (both of those options are OK, as consistency through a flight is all that really matters), but in the 222 it appears that when the module senses the GPS disabled it immediately turns it back on? The effect of this is that for my whole flight FSE continues to disable the GPS and the 222 turns it back on, and that leads to my HSI constantly flipping between sources and my Garmin constantly flipping options between VLOC and GPS. It’s disorienting at best, but it also makes it impossible to use those gauges to navigate.

Here is a video: https://streamable.com/gx0142

Notice the Garmin flipping modes and the HSI flipping sources.

@JonCoughlin Thanks for buying the 222!

I watched the video. So FSE is trying to disable the GPS? This is the first I have heard of this and wondering why FSE does that. I thought that was a freeware scenery add-on so I’m a bit confused here. I will need to test this and contact the developer to ask what coding is causing this.

Just so I’m correct this is FSEnhancer???

Thanks,

Josh

FSEconomy

If you haven’t purchased the GPS in the FSE game world, the FSEconomy plugin disables (fails) the GPS in the sim

1 Like

I think maybe you’re misunderstanding. FSE isn’t trying to mess with products, per se. Failing systems via the X-Plane built in failure system is just the only way to consistently disable certain avionics across the vast majority of default and add on aircraft. It’s only to add a layer of economy simulation, and the failure only exists during an FSEconomy flight on an FSE aircraft that doesn’t have those avionics installed. It has to be done that way since there’s no way to actually remove avionics in the sim. It should be noted that the failure is only present while an FSE flight is active, and returns to normal immediately as soon as the end flight button is pressed. It’s entirely user initiated.

I guess the issue @JonCoughlin is having brings up is whether the 222 allows you to fail the GPS outside of an FSEconomy flight. If a GPS failure is immediately corrected by the aircraft plugin, that could be detrimental to pilots that actually want a GPS failure for training purposes, for example. I’m not at the sim to check unfortunately, but it should be easy to test.

2 Likes

Just for your information and anyone else who wonders, FSE allows users to own/rent/lease aircraft, and as in the Real World, those craft have different levels of equipment. It’s less expensive to purchase a craft without, for example, an autopilot or gps. There are facilities that add those items for a price, when you want to add them.

However, craft in the flight simulators generally have the items installed already. In order to make a particular craft become an “entry-level” craft, FSE turns off the “missing” equipment in the simulator.

It adds a level of playability to FSE that allows a pilot to start at the “bottom” and build an empire. Thank you for working on the issue.

1 Like

@Rildin Thank you for the information. It makes sense too. I’m simply ignorant to the subject but it kind of sounds fun. I think it’s because I was never huge into heavy aircraft. There’s a whole world out there! Still learning myself. :slight_smile:

Have fun!

Josh

Yeah, sorry I forgot to check back in lol. FSEconomy allows you to have equipment disabled per airframe you “rent” for a flight. If your aircraft doesn’t have IFR in the game world, XP11 will disable your nav radios. If it doesn’t have GPS, XP11 disables GPS, and if no autopilot it will disable those systems.

Looks like everyone mentioned those, but I concur with the thought above that the aircraft plugin/code somewhere is seeing a failed GPS and trying to immediately turn it back on. I don’t know what FSE does under the hood - if it’s constantly checking to fail those systems itself or if it’s XP11 that is doing the failing.

Thanks for the quick response :slight_smile: Would be neat if I could fly with these systems failed for FSE, but also as mentioned above for reliable system failures in general.

1 Like

@JonCoughlin I will find a work around for sure. Currently working on a new project and the 222s simultaneously since I got the 222s in pretty good shape this year. The list of fixes/additions is growing but that just adds to the fun! :slight_smile:

Have fun!

Josh

2 Likes